Ephesians 4 – vs.1-3 – “I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation wherewith you are called.”
How do you walk worthy?
1) All lowliness – humility – Mark 10:42-44.
2) All meekness – gentleness – Psalms 18:35.
3) With long-suffering – forbearance in love – Num.14:14,18.
vs.4-6 – One Body – 1 Tim.2:5. One Spirit – John 10:30.
One Hope of your Calling – John 17:21.
One Lord. One Faith. One Baptism.
One God and Father, who is above, through and in all.
vs.7 – Given grace (salvation) according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Luke 6:38 “With the same measure that you mete, withal it shall be measured to you again.” God spared nothing to give us the kingdom. God is standing in faith, believing for the return on his gifts.
vs.8-10 – Jesus descended into the lower parts of hell and led captivity captive, then ascended into heaven, at the right hand of God.
Rev.1:18; Col.2:14,15; 1 Cor.15:55-57; Hos.13:14; Isa.25:8.
vs.11-13 – God gave us Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers for the perfecting (maturing) of the saints.
1) Unity of the Faith. Ps.133:1-3.
2) To obtain knowledge of the Son of God. Col.2:2.
3) Unto the measure of the statue of the fulness of Christ. 1Cor.14:20.
vs.14-16 – “…carried about by every wind of doctrine…”
Matt.11:7-9 “What went ye out into the wilderness to see?” The people had different reasons for going out to see John the Baptist.
vs.15 – Speaking the truth in love in how we grow to maturity in Christ.
vs.16 – The whole body joined together works together, building up the body in Love.
vs.17-19 – “Walk not as other Gentiles walk…” Rom.1:20-22.
vs.21 – “If so be that ye have heard him and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus.”
Rom.10:17 – Faith comes.
John 16:13 – Spirit of Truth.
Acts 1:2 – Jesus through Holy Spirit.
vs.22-32 – Exhortation to the Body.
1) Put off the old man.
2) Renew your mind by the Word.
3) Speak the Truth.
4) Get angry with the devil and sin not.
5) Don’t let the sun go down on your anger toward man or God.
6) Give no place to the devil.
7) Let each man labor, so that he can supply the needy.
8) Let no corrupt communication come out of your mouth.
9) Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit.
10) Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, evil speaking and malice be put away from you.
Bitterness – (4085) – ‘press down’ feelings inside.
Anger – (3709) – violent passion, vengeance.
Malice – (2549) – depavity.
Wrath – (2372) – indignation, fierceness.