Knowledge + Understanding + Experience = Wisdom = Discretion.
Proverbs 19 King James Version (KJV)
Proverbs 19 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
It’s Wise To Be Patient
1) Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.
1) It’s better to be poor and live right than to be a stupid liar.
Job 2:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
Titus 2:7-8 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
7 in everything. Make yourself an example of good works with integrity and dignity[a] in your teaching. 8 Your message is to be sound beyond reproach, so that any opponent will be ashamed, because he doesn’t have anything bad to say about us.
2) Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.
2) Willingness and stupidity don’t go well together. If you are too eager, you will miss the road.
Romans 10:5 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
5 since Moses writes about the righteousness that is from the law: The one who does these things will live by them.
2 Thessalonians 1:8 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
8 when he takes vengeance with flaming fire on those who don’t know God and on those who don’t obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
3) The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the Lord.
3) We are ruined by our own stupidity, though we blame the Lord.
Psalm 37:7-9 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
7 Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for him;
do not be agitated by one who prospers in his way,
by the person who carries out evil plans.
8 Refrain from anger and give up your rage;
do not be agitated—it can only bring harm.
9 For evildoers will be destroyed,
but those who put their hope in the Lord
will inherit the land.
4) Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour.
4) The rich have many friends; the poor have none.
1 Timothy 6:17 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
Instructions to the Rich
17 Instruct those who are rich in the present age not to be arrogant or to set their hope on the uncertainty of wealth, but on God,[a] who richly provides us with all things to enjoy.
5 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.
5) Dishonest witnesses and liars won’t escape punishment.
Matthew 15:19 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, sexual immoralities, thefts, false testimonies, slander.
Exodus 20:16 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
16 Do not give false testimony against your neighbor. 10 Commandments.
6) Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man is a friend to him that giveth gifts.
6) Everyone tries to be friends of those who can help them.
Luke 22:25 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
25 But he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who have authority over them have themselves called ‘Benefactors.’
7) All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.
7) If you are poor, your own relatives reject you, and your friends are worse. When you really need them, they are not there.
Job 19:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 He hath put my brethren far from me, and mine acquaintance are verily estranged from me.
8) He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.
8) Do yourself a favor by having good sense—you will be glad you did.
Mark 12:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.