Jesus and the disciples left Galilee and traveled into different countries. In Syro-Phoenicia, Jesus healed a woman’s daughter by faith. In Decapolis, He healed a deaf-mute and in Ceasarea-Phillipi, Peter confessed Jesus as the Christ. Matt.15:32-39; Mark 7:24-37; 8:1-33; Luke 9:18-21.
When did the Disciples know that Jesus was the Christ?
1) Andrew heard John the Baptist call Jesus the Lamb ofGod. John 1:36,40.
2) Andrew told Peter that they had found him, the Christ but did they really believe?
3) On the Sea of Galilee, when Jesus rebuked the winds and sea, they marveled and said “what kind of man is this?” Matt.8:23-27.
4) Jesus healed the epileptic boy, and rebukes his disciples for unbelief.
5) When Jesus walked on the water, they harden their hearts in unbelief.
6) John believed in Jesus when he saw the empty tomb. John 20:8.
7) Peter, who spoke by the Holy Ghost that Jesus was the
Christ, denied Him 3 times and at the resurrection
didn’t believe. Matt.26:69-75; Mark 16:6,7;
Luke 24:10,11, 25, 26.
8) Thomas wouldn’t believe until he saw Jesus.John 20:29.
9) Even John the Baptist. Matt.11:2,3.
Jesus said, “Because you have seen me you have believed, Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.” John 20:29.
Transfiguration - metamorphosis - Matt.17:1-13; Mark 9:2-13; Luke 9:28-36; Isa.42:1. There are 3 times in the New Testament that John, James and Peter went with Jesus, Jarius’ house, Mount of Transfiguration, Agony in the Garden, Matt.26:36-46. Healing the Epileptic. Matt.17:14-21; Mark 9:14-29;Luke 9:37-43. Capernaum discourses - Humility - Matt.18:1-6; Mark 9:33-37; Luke 9:46-48. Stumbling - Matt.18:7-11; Mark 9:38-48; Luke 9:49-50. Forgiveness - Matt.18:21-35; Mark 9:49-50. Crain Blanchard. www.joseph1637.com